Fostering mutually respectful, co-operative and beneficial connections with people from existing grassroots communities of resistance on the front lines of the climate & ecological crises in both the Global South & Global North who are working on environmental justice, so that:
- these perspectives get represented throughout XRUK;
- there’s 2-way learning between XR UK and people from these communities of resistance.
In December 2018, XRUK decided to donate 20% of its crowdfunding revenues to XR Internationalist Solidarity Network (ISN) UK which amounted to £370,000 as at 31 January 2020.
Overseas spending to date is as follows:
- Grants to the Miano Asase Yaa Community Educational and Sanctuary Centre (MAYCESC) in Ghana, Africa = £36,000
- Global South Continental Partners Secretariat Grants (or other similar payments):
- XR Affinity All-Afrikan Network (XRAAAN) = £13,500
- Abya Yala/South America (XRRAAYS) = £5,000
- XR Affinity Network Asia (XRANA) = £5,000
- Nature Spoke – South America film project = £7,000
Spending in the UK (e.g. educational and outreach) as at 31 March:
- Gaia House of People to Peoples Internationalist Solidarity (GHOPPIS), London:
- Rent (2020-2021) = £36,000
- Renovations, a garden office and other associated GHOPPIS costs (£TBC)
- Camera and video equipment (£TBC)
- Vehicles and other costs relating to the Global Justice Rebel Roadshow (£TBC)
- Volunteer living expenses (3 or 4 individuals £TBC)
Disclaimer: Compassionate Revolution Limited hosts this page at the request of XRUK and does not take any responsibility for its content or accuracy.